The three most important things for sales professional are outlined below.
- The product that they are selling: It is measured on how different or valuable are the goods to the consumer? What is its most significant feature?
- The consumer: In what way do the sales take place, the information to sale process/experience (suitability, ease of operation, satisfaction, hurdles, etc.)
- The income: The economical stature (amount, positions, guarantee etc.)
The Process of Choosing and Targeting Your Sales Prospect
The first step for any sales person is correct target audience. They should know how to identify and maintain their prospects steadily in their sales career. With the stats of the company changing and the introduction of new products in the market, the sales person should keep checking for new prospects and increase sales.
Maintaining customer database and customer relationships are tools of integrated marketing that can help the sales person to keep their sales steady. In the sales workspace, the prospects are recognised as sales leads that can be the opportunities and the contacts in the database.
The most efficient salespeople, own an exclusive set of dispositional characteristics that enable them to prosper. It is due to the very type and field of the employment. Average sales presentation cannot be concealed as a salesperson’s triumph or fiasco is exposed instantly by the lowest results in sales.
Only a self-motivated and committed person or employee can be successful in sales. There are five crucial factors and traits that are vital for success.
- Confidence and positivity
- Ego-drive-the differentiation between right and wrong
The Role of a Salesperson
Salesperson represents their company and their responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- To give appropriate value to their prospects who believe in their company
- To maintain the relationship and mange it
- To bring back proper information and market analysis result to the company
The area of focus for a professional salesperson is mentioned below. If they don’t follow them, they will not be able to make a successful sale.
- Focus on the needs which are important ideally
- Focus on the execution with simple approach
- Focus on analysis as it is important to understand whether your current sales strategy is working or not
Every sales person also needs to maintain a code of ethics. They are outlined below.
- Misrepresenting and fake promises to your customer is against the ethics of a professional sales person.
- Clear communication and proper product information should be communicated to the customer. In case of misunderstanding, the sales person should clear it out. Even though it may seem a profitable deal to go ahead with miscommunication, dishonesty will definitely create a negative image of theh sales person and the company. This would affect the relationship in the long-term.
- Sales person has to be loyal to their company and their work. One in a sales job often has the temptation to skip afternoon work, do personal work, or simply take some time off. Sales people are company representatives. Hence, they are obliged to follow the work schedule and work hard towards company profits and their personal growth.
- Always be willing to trade a short-term loss for the sake of a long-term gain. Sales person has to think in terms of a long term profit and relationship rather than short term gains. There will be opportunities where their ethics will be tested. A customer may misunderstand the product and show the willingness to buy it, but the sales person should be honest to make sure customer loyalty is their main aim, rather than selling the product for their short-term gain.
- Promise what you can deliver, over promising sometimes creates a fake company image and also if the company fails to meet the expectations of the customer they further lose out on them.